This privacy statement applies to websites and services of ECARTOOL that collect data and display these terms, as well as its offline product support services.
Please read the ECARTOOL Online Privacy Statement below and also any supplemental information listed to the right for further details about particular ECARTOOL sites and services you use. Some products, services or features mentioned in this statement may not be available in all markets at this time.
Collection of Your Personal Information
- We collect information as part of operating our Websites and services.
- When you register for certain Ecartool services, we will ask you to provide personal information.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Ecartool services.
- At some ECARTOOL sites, we ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. If you choose to make a purchase or sign up for a paid subscription service, we will ask for additional information, such as your credit card number and billing address.
Use of Your Personal Information
- We use the information we collect to provide the services you request. Our services may include the display of personalized content and advertising.
- We use your information to inform you of other products or services offered by ECARTOOL and its affiliates, and to send you relevant survey invitations related to ECARTOOL services.
- We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties. In order to help provide our services, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
Security of Your Personal Information
ECARTOOL is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information we collect on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.